HEPA filtration with Activated Carbon:
Activated Carbon has a wide range of uses in purification and other wide range of industrial applications.
Activated Carbon products contain large surface areas due to high levels of Micro Porosity. Meaning, by gas adsorption, one gram has a surface area in excess of 3000 m2.
Activated Carbon works by retaining Airborne compounds which is referred as Adsorption.
Activated Carbon traps wanted material while not changing in size where other Absorbing compounds swell in comparison.
Activated Carbon is part of Primary Life Support Systems of Space Suits.
Activated Carbon function as a sponge capturing vapours and odours but will over time become saturated when replacement is needed.
Hepa filtration :
- Breathesafe Systems first process is the use a “Turbo Pre cleaner” (Pre-Filter) to remove up to for 90% of airborne debris via centrifuge. (Enginaire Claim)
- Breathesafe System Then Pressurises and Filters the Pre Cleaned air with the use of custom made HEPA Filters (H13 or H14 Grade each is individually tested after manufacture as Per EN1822)
- Breathesafe System to further improve and deliver Solutions where Aerosol contaminants are present (gases and vapours) with custom made HEPA filters with Activated Carbon.
- Breathesafe HEPA H13 filters performance separation capacity is approximately 99.95% of airborne dust particles in range between 1 to 0.3 micrometres. (HEPA H13 Standard)
- Breathesafe HEPA H14 filters are also available to offer separation capacity in the range >99.995% of Airborne Particles. (HEPA H14 Standard).